2008-05-05

Busy Weekend!

Technically, it is already Monday where I am, but I shall proceed as though it were indeed still the week end. Though perhaps one's weekend should not be considered "over" until one arises and prepares for work. Since I am unemployed, that doesn't quite work... ah, well. My weekend never ends, it seems, so here I am at nearly 2 AM still at the computer. But I have apparently not downloaded the photos I took over the weekend, so you will have to wait for that, at least.

So. This weekend began with the weekly Steelhead dance on Friday, this one a joyous celebration of the arrival of Steelhead Boomtown! Lunar and Tensai have set aside a block of land in the very center of Boomtown for a forested area. Since the trees are not in yet, the dance was held in the center of the sim. I love the outdoor dances! Much fun and silliness, as is the norm in Steelhead. My contribution to the silliness factor was that, in addition to my regular outfit, I also donned an invisible exploding barrel and fashioned myself a flip title that said "Touch me to Make me go BOOM." To me it seemed quite appropriate for the official opening of Boomtown. A few people set me off, and the barrel seemed to explode itself randomly. THis was not nearly enough bang for my buck so I had to announce very loudly a few times that since nobody else was going to make me go boom, I had to touch myself. Which, of course, I did! Nice little boom, good flames, lots of smoke. Fun for me, not so much for my occasional dance partners. Augustus had surprised me by arriving in Harborside as I was doing some landscaping on my spare lot, and we walked to the dance together, though we didn't even dance one dance together. I danced with Lunar, he danced with Searra and Tanarian. I wandered off while the dance was still going on, and flew around Boomtown to see what had been done in the hours since my last inspection. I can't remember what I've already reported on... Augustus was apparently called away before I could return to the dance, but return I did once the crowd thinned. Tensai started dragging out weapons... always a good time!

On Saturday morning, I got an IM from the lovely and multi-talented Soliel Snook, who was preparing her display for a Home and Garden show. She invited me to take a look at her area before the show opened, and am I ever glad I took her up on the offer! The first thing she showed me was a new item - texture-changing vases and planters. I played with those for a while (and bought the big planter, it's the first thing you see when you walk in the treehouse front door right now), then she showed me the vegetable garden - a PARTICLE garden!! Now, I suppose this is not new technology, but this is the first time I'd seen the particle thingies used for anything other than a poofer. But Soliel (and the brilliant scripter Jomander Trefoil) put together the entire vegetable garden package... I =so= need this! Wish I could plant it IRL, too, but that's a different subject.

In addition to the particle vegetable garden, Soliel also had particle fields of flowers. They cover about a 10' square area; I'm not sure of the specifics, except that the flowers themselves are GORGEOUS, the rezzer is an ingeniously unobtrusive plant stake, and the fields of flowers produced are simply remarkable. Of these, I got the field of tulips, and what she terms "Monet's Garden" with several different spring flowers. I was enchanted by the idea and awed by the execution.... I promptly planted them on Max's land in Boomtown. Anyone who wants to see them can stop by the his land, at the NE corner of Boomtown. They're not technically on HIS land, since the rezzer is not effective on extremely uneven terrain; they are in the public land between Ms Hauptmann and Max, at the very base of the mountain. These rezzers impressed the heck out of me, especially considering that they use up only five prims, I believe. I think we need them ALL over Boomtown! I suggested that in addition to her happy Monet's Garden, she should do a Van Gogh set -- all blue irises except for ONE white. And she actually DIDN'T tell me to shut up and leave her alone! Nice lady!

I need to go back and get that vegetable garden before I run myself out of lindens again.

Later in the day, Searra and I went to the anniversary celebration of SteamSky City. Eventually made it to the dance, but didn't stay too long. Long enough to hear Caledon Independent Broadcasters DJ Wormser to play "You Remind Me of The Babe" from th Labyringht Soundtrack. before being lured away to an event that Ms. Snook was DJing... I can't tell you where it was or what it was for at this point, though I think there was artwork and library involved somehow. I wore a new BareRose outfit called "Lilith" ... 'twas an interesting set. I don't know if I took photos or not. The crowd was fun, the music was awesome.

I did something in the evening, but I'm too tired right now to remember WHAT.

Today was spent mostly in outworld activities. I made it inworld around suppertime, and Searra called to say hi and invite me to see her latest build - another airship fine tuned using her experience from the previous two! There was apparently a mad science thing going on in SteamSky City but I was not in the mood for a dance and the Baron (who sent ME a TP but not to Searra - bad boy!) was not responding to my IMs. So I stayed in the skies above Harborside, rezzing then accidentally deleting my indigo tent. Honestly, I think I dleted it at least eight times. But I think it's finally situated, with clouds on the bottom to disguise it when viewing from the ground. I spent too much time decorating, and it snow a very comfortable hangout.

Now nearly 230... listening to Putumayo mysic streaming... dogs are already sacked out... life as usual.

Hope your weekend was fun and that you're preapred for another MONDAY. That's the best I can do right nose!

Myfi

2 comments:

Forelle Broek said...

Oooh, the particle gardens sound lovely. Must get me some!

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

Frau Davies,

Did you consider that perhaps I did not see Fraulein Weatherwax as in-world at the time I sent you the message?

KW